Saturday Tanks  

written by DAR

G'day everybody,


We'll get going with Max Power at the outset this Saturday. That remains a focus for this portion of the training cycle. After that half hour is wrapped up, everyone that fits in the tanks will move downstairs, with the remainder on the ergs.

As we continue to establish body preparation early, I want to move the focus at this time to the catch. We will work on the bodies being steady into, and out of, the catch. The idea: the bodies are set when the hands reach the toes on the recovery, and then do not move until the hands make the catch and return back to the toes. Thus: we will do some legs-only drills, among others.

I hope to see as many people as possible there tomorrow, even if you've not been around. Swing by, see everyone again, meet me. Even if it's only for the drills, I would like to see how everyone fits together. Also, I'd like to thank everyone again for all the birthday wishes. And if there are no objections, I'll bring Gordie again tomorrow.

2 comments

  • Anne Jane  
    February 11, 2011 at 1:18 PM

    What time should we be at Millvale? 6:45 AM as usual?

    And yes, please bring Gordie!

  • Unknown  
    February 13, 2011 at 5:46 AM

    I assume we don't report this last max power workout...only when there is an input box on the blog? I could not make it to practice but did the workout at the gym and had a few questions about what we should be looking for. My max watts was 34 watts higher this time than the first time I did this. In fact all of the 20x were higher than the one highest round the first time, but I still only hit the max 2 times. I got within 1 - 3 watts a few additional rounds, and the rest were in the 330s or 340s rather than the 350s. I am not sure how to interpret progress... should we be tracking only our highest 1x or also the range of our max powers across all 20? So, are these like independent trials or does the whle set of our performance also tell us something we should be thinking about? Also it seems that the rating makes a big difference...the faster you get up into the 40s stroke rating the higher the watts. I assume the rating for these can be anything and that doesn't matter?

    Thank you!!
    Sue Cohen

Post a Comment