What do you do with YOUR medals?  

written by Jen B


Everyone loves to bring home a little hardware from a race... but what do you do with it?


Get out your camera it's time for show n' tell. Feel free to post comments or better yet if you have photos send them to Jen B or Luanne and we'll post them right here for all to see your shining shrine of glory!!


To kick it off... here's where Jeanne O. keeps her medals!! Can anyone top this???

Here's Jeanne's story....I joined the Masters Womens team five years ago and have participated in quite a few races, both during the sprint season and head racing. I have been fortunate and enjoyed the fruits of competition. That is, the box of medals accumulating dust.


What to do with them??? The choices are numerous but it needed to be just the right one. I am certainly no interior decorator and few things in my house match what the designers like and approve. But I did want to display my accomplishment in a unique way. A shadow box with labels would be a quick and easy way, but just not unique enough for me.


One afternoon, the perfect display hit me! My husband is an avid hunter, enjoying his sport and displaying his trophies in a way that he can enjoy them. After “bagging” his second buck in as many years, he insisted on hanging them on the wall. Ding -- the light came on!! Why not just use the rack on the proud buck. It was perfect.


Race after race I proudly added my medals to my husband’s trophy. Unfortunately, the weight of all the medals has since pulled it off the wall. Fortunately, both the bucks are now hanging on the wall up at the hunting camp…where they should be. My medals are back in the box gathering dust until I come up with a new idea.

0 comments

Post a Comment